What to Wear: Accessories for the 2015 GMC Canyon
Cargo management, exterior, interior items tailored for variety of lifestyles
DETROIT – Accessories can be an afterthought with many new vehicles, but they were part of the development plan for the 2015 GMC Canyon from the very outset. The result is a wide range of work and activity products designed to match the truck’s capabilities with integrated functionality and designs that complement its distinctive styling.
“The Canyon is a lifestyle enabler, and accessories that support lifestyles of all types are an important of part of tailoring the truck to a customer’s exact needs,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of GMC Sales and Marketing. “Therefore, the accessories take their inspiration from how customers use their vehicle – and they are crafted by the same team of engineers that created the Canyon, for exceptional integration.
The lineup includes an all-new, patent-pending GearOn™ cargo management system and a variety of accessories designed to make cargo hauling easier and more convenient, as well as exterior styling enhancement and interior items.
Canyon’s GM accessories are not only designed, engineered, tested and backed by General Motors, many can be ordered with the vehicle and included into the vehicle’s purchase price, along with installation charges. In fact, customers can have them installed when they purchase their new truck, so they are ready at the time of vehicle delivery – making many of them eligible for inclusion in the new-vehicle warranty.
GearOn™ cargo management system
Designed to fit perfectly within the Canyon’s pickup box, this innovative, patent-pending accessory delivers significant storage and hauling flexibility. It is upgradable, with modular features, cargo dividers and tiered storage to accommodate 4 x 8-foot sheets of plywood above the wheelhouses. The GearOn™ cargo management system uses the box’s 13 tie-down provisions to allow for a variety of secure and convenient cargo stowage options.
Pickup box accessories
For work and play, the following accessories help make cargo hauling easier and more convenient, and also help protect the Canyon’s pickup box:
- Drop-in bedliner – Durable and great at protecting the painted finish of the pickup box, its fully ribbed, skid-resistant floor helps prevent cargo from shifting during transport. It’s available in black for both box lengths
- Cargo divider – It permits users to portion off their bed for optimal cargo management and transport
- Cargo net – A heavy-duty item that helps secure loose cargo during transport
- Tonneau cover –This soft-cover accessory delivers multiple benefits, including securing cargo and protecting it from the elements; and it enhances aerodynamics, which can improve efficiency on the highway
- Removable cargo rings – These patented rings can be placed in 13 available locations around the box, depending on the cargo being secured and customer preference. Rated at 250 pounds each, the removable cargo rings make it more convenient for customers to secure a variety of cargo
- Rubber mat – An easy-to-install item designed to match the contours of the pickup box, which provides a more secure way to transport cargo
- Tailgate liner – Similar to the bedliner, it protects the tailgate
- Tiered storage bar – A segment-first, patent-pending accessory that enables multiple items to be carried at different heights
- Tool box – Built to last, this diamond-patterned aluminum tool box can handle 250 pounds (113 kg) of storage. It features a removable sliding tray with a rubber mat, dual gas shocks for smooth opening and closing, and a one-touch latching mechanism. The tool box mounts securely to the truck bed without drilling and features the GMC logo. It also can be coded to be locked with the ignition key, eliminating the need to carry multiple keys.
- Chrome package – Includes chrome tow hooks, door handles, mirror caps and tailgate handle for a more upscale appearance
- Exhaust tip – Features the GMC logo
- Grilles and grille inserts – Available in body color to give the Canyon a customized appearance
- Molded hood protector – Helps deflect road debris and insects while helping shield the hood from stone damage
- Molded splash guards – Protect fenders from road debris and mud
- Tubular assist steps – Available in chrome or black finishes, they ease entry and exit into the vehicle
- Off-road-style rocker steps – Available in a black finish, they mimic the look of rocker protection panels that are popular with off-road drivers
- Wheel locks – Help prevent wheel theft and may reduce insurance rates.
- Ball-mount trailer hitch – Comes complete with a chrome-finish tow ball, washer and retaining nut. Designed to fit the vehicle’s hitch receiver located in the center of the rear bumper or the accessory hitch mount assembly
- Receiver cover – Delivers a more finished appearance when the hitch is not being used and prevents debris buildup in the hitch receiver
- Trailer harness – Provides convenient electrical connection from the vehicle to the trailer.
- Carpeted floor mats – Offered with GMC logo, they protect the carpet with a factory-official appearance
- All-weather floor mats – Available with the GMC or All-Terrain logo, they’re ideal for a variety of dirty jobs
- Heated cloth seats – provide an additional level of comfort, especially in colder climates.
GMC has manufactured trucks since 1902, with innovation and engineering excellence built into all GMC vehicles. The brand is evolving to offer more fuel-efficient trucks and crossovers, including the Terrain small SUV and Acadia crossover. GMC’s highest-volume vehicle, the Sierra pickup, is the most powerful light-duty pickup on the market, and the first full-size pickup to receive the highest-possible five-star Overall Vehicle Score for safety since the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration changed its New Car Assessment Program for the 2011 model year. Details on all GMC models are available at http://www.gmc.com/, on Twitter at @thisisgmc or at http://www.facebook.com/gmc.